- Robert: What are you doing?
- Me (sitting in dining room): I’m on hold with the insurance company about that EOB they sent us. Would you like to take a turn?
- Robert: I would, but you are much better at that sort of thing.
- Me: Yes, I’ve spent years honing this skill.
[Robert wanders into the living room]
- Automated response on phone: Hello. Thank you for waiting. This call may be monitored for quality control purposes. Please state your name followed by your ID number.
[Robert steps on some part of a cat]
- Cat: Hisssssss. MEOWOWOWOW!!!!
- Robert: What the *!@#$%*&&^%!!
- Automated response: Thank you. Please hold while we bring up your information.
I really hope the quality control people got some chuckles outa that one.