In Progress Works (mostly summer projects):
- Piano Sonata for Filip Michalak, who will premiere the piece at Manchester University, March 2024.
- “Proverbes sur les Animaux” for soprano with strings, harp, and percussion. Dedicated to my daughter Emily Lynn, soprano who will premiere the work with the Manchester Symphony Orchestra October 8, 2023.
- “Il Magnifico” — song cycle for Gabriele Nani, baritone — settings of poems by Lorenzo de Medici — for voice with piano or guitar/lute/theorbo. An orchestrated version will follow. To be completed summer 2023.
- Work (yet to be titled) for chorus and wind ensemble, commissioned by Wabash County Honor Ensembles for their 50th anniversary concert, March 2024. To be completed summer of 2023.
- “Symphony #1” — I hope to complete this work by August of 2024. It will be dedicated to the Manchester Symphony Orchestra.
2022 Works Completed:
- “Appleseed Variations” for orchestra — commissioned by the Fort Wayne Indiana chapter of SAI (Sigma Alpha Iota) music fraternity on behalf of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Youth Orchestra. Premiered May 21, 2023.
- New version of my oratorio “A Family Portrait,” with orchestration reduced to two pianos, percussion, violin, flute/piccolo, and hammered dulcimer. All the vocal solos and choral parts will remain unchanged. This reduced setting of the orchestration will make the performances possible for ensembles who do not have the resources for a full orchestra. This revised version debuted on May 1, 2022 at Cordier Auditorium in North Manchester, Indiana with Elizabeth Smith and Emily France on piano.
- “Friends and Foes” for clarinet and bass clarinet duo. Dedicated to Lila Hammer and Mark Huntington. This is a five-movement work inspired by animal character pairings in Aesop’s fables: The Monkey and the Camel, The Crab and its Mother, City Mouse and Country Mouse, The Lion and the Dolphin, and The Tortoise and the Hare. Mark and Lila premiered the work on April 1, 2022 at Cordier Auditorium in North Manchester, Indiana.
- “Le Voile du Matin” for soprano with violin and cello. Dedicated to the memory of Elizabeth Schilling. This completes a cycle of two settings of Victor Hugo poems entitled “Pour les filles.” This work was premiered by Kenzie Hare (soprano), Elizabeth Smith (violin), and Robert Lynn (cello) on April 1, 2022 at Cordier Auditorium in North Manchester, Indiana.
2021 Works Completed:
- “A Red, Red Rose” for soprano solo with piano. Dedicated as a wedding gift to Hailey Schneider and Freddie Lapierre. There is also a soprano-tenor duet version of this same piece dedicated to Jamie Chamberlin Granner and Nathan Granner.
- “Sigh No More, Ladies” for soprano duo with piano. Dedicated to my daughter Emily.